We are all imperfect people trying to live perfect lives in an imperfect world. No matter how critical others are of us or we are of our-self, always remember that the goal of any critical comment is not to hurt but help. Criticism lacks the sweetness in the way the facts are presented but most often is based on true facts.
So, if you ever find someone being very critical of you:
|My stick figures tale of Criticism.|
- Take a deep breathe in.
- Try to understand what your critic is actually trying to tell you.
- Do not take it personally.
- If you can learn from their input, do that else ignore.
- Criticism is similar to advice, you can take it or leave it.
- If you feel you can not handle the harshness, ignore them.
- There are more than 7 billion people in this world , if you can not stand one person’s criticism towards you, you still have 7 billion minus 1 ways to discover how people communicate with you.
|Image from Internet.|